Your wedding will be a fantastic day and we would like to make sure that all its best memories are captured and saved for you to relive for posterity. Good preparation ahead of time is the key to making sure this happens with minimal impact on the other important parts of the day. To achieve that, here are some of the approaches that we take for each wedding:
- First it is critical that we meet one on one about a month (no less than a week) ahead of the big day. This will give us a chance to get to know each other, to find out exactly what you are looking for and to make sure we are on the same page for everything. The last week is always crazy. So we want to have all of our ducks in a row before that so you can cross the photography part off your list and deal with last minute emergencies.
- Most of the time, there will be a few sets of group shots to take: family, friends, wedding party, etc... We will want to get a list of exactly who you would like in those shots. Since we don't know them, we would also like to have one person who knows most of these people be in charge of the wrangling. He or she will have the list we put together and know to wrangle those people at the time that is best for this shoot. These can often take a long time so it is critical to allocate some time specifically for this. We will work with your wedding coordinator to make sure this happens with minimal impact of the rest of the day.
- The ideal is for us to shoot an engagement session ahead of time. This is not only an opportunity to create a great album that your guests can sign at the wedding but also a great chance to work together and do a "dress rehearsal" ahead of the big day. Result? You will be much more relaxed on your wedding day and the quality of the pictures will likely increase dramatically. If an engagement session is not possible, we will still try and take a few shots together during our one on one meeting.
- We always shoot the wedding day with two photographers. Those precious moments will only happen once and we cannot take the chance of missing one of them. It is much more difficult for one person to cover everything.
- After the wedding, we send you a quick selection of images within 2 or 3 days just to give you a taste of what it to come. Then we send you a full set of edited and cleaned digital images generally within a week. Depending on the event, this is usually between 100 and 200 images. Those images will also be posted online in a private area so you or your guest can order some prints right away. If you order a book, this usually takes a couple of weeks to design and print.
Please dont hesitate to call us for more details. 310.944.8208